Sunday, May 11, 2008

Having a Ball of a Mother's Day...

It was a steamboat lunch over at the Sims for Mother's Day and we had a ball of a time.. literally. Our steamboat was FULL OF BALLS... hahhaha my mother in law made Kong Bak which is succulent stewed pork belly with dark soya sauce and steamed up some butterfly buns to "kiap" the meat in... Did I have the buns you were thinking? Of course not lah!! Carbs leh!!! But I did attack the meat.. heh heh... **salivating thinking about it again... time to get somemore!**

What you see here is bowl #1 and bowl #2 and of course I had bowl #3,#4,#5 before the lunch was over... why is it that the food seems to be swimming in dark sauce.. well, obviously the soup in the pot was clear.. I couldn't resist floating my food in my MIL's Kong Bak Sauce!! hahahahahaha....

With our steamboat, we had marinated Suchi fish slices, golden mushrooms, hotdogs, prawns, chinese cabbage, "chicken backside" fishcake which really isn't chicken backside lah! Its a fishpaste formed to LOOK like a chicken behind and filled w prawn paste... *errr... I don't really eat this* and slivers of chicken breast meat. Inside the soup were chicken wings and lumps of sweet corn....

And of course, the BALLS.... on the spread was Fuzhou fishballs which is a fishball stuffed with minced meat, fresh chili fishballs, cuttlefish balls, meat balls, and that cute animal you see there is fishcake panda and of course the best of all, minced meat balls. Yum!!~ **slurps** so what did you have on Mother's Day?

To leave off this Mother's Day.. here is a song for all Mothers reading my blog...
In my daughter's eyes by Martina McBride.... Enjoy. :)

And another one to giving thanks to how fortunate it was to becoming a mother... hugs to all....

No comments: