Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What have I been up to Lately?

Ever since that weekend from the Blogathon.. I fell really sick with a bad flu that had me crashed completely knocked out for 2-3 days straight for most part of the day and night. Was it diagnosed as H1N1? Nope, the GP didn't mention anything about that but it did help that I was only running a low grade fever and I had a crazy amount of antibiotics and various pills.

With a really bad throat, body aches, head aches, running nose, loss of voice, lethargy, sneezies and whatever else you would expect from having a bad flu...

I'm fine now though...meanwhile, I was looking into my blog stats and noticed that you.. yes you.. my dear dear blog readers have STILL been faithfully reading me despite such a long absence from my blog.. Thank you!!!! *loves* And on certain days... readership has risen too! I feel so bad for the lack of posts! Hugs to all!

We've been having alot of Yong Tau Foo at home.. and I love topping the soup with half boiled eggs and chicken! Totally the way you should have it... minus the extra gravy... light on the tummy too!

And I have a full day filming for a UK Corporate Healthcare organisation tomorrow so I DIY re-dyed my hair again. Unfortunately, I kinda forgot that I didn't really like this colour and bought the wrong one.. but since I only realised it when it was on my head.. I'm now officially, Miss Orangey Red head.. again....

And last Thursday before I went to teach my Aqua class for the evening, the hubster CJ and I went to Carls Jr at Vivo City! Yep, we're still on a low carb regime and Carls Jr I say? Yeah! Carls Jr!!

DID YOU KNOW? That you can order ANY CARLS JR burger on the menu LOW CARB STYLE? That just means that they omit the bread and they wrap your ordered burger in layers and layers and layers and layers of lettuce.... topped with fresh Salsa... OMG.. heaven!

Why I say layers and layers so many times is because it seemed like there was at least half a head of lettuce wrapping each of our burgers!! Whoa lao!! Lettuce overload but it was SOOOO GOOD!! And for the first time in Carls Jr history for me.. I finished the whole burger without needing to pass it on to anyone to finish. And I didn't feel like I needed to give "birth" after either!! It was so refreshing!!

Those who are watching their carb levels can find Low carb heaven fast food joint in Carls Jr!

Nom! Nom! Nom! Nom!!....

We also tried the new Freddies Burger joint sometime last week, which came highly recommended at the new ION Orchard!

After my ZumFit class on Friday... Lauren and I head down to check out ION Orchard and had dinner there after chugging down some Starbucks Coffee each! ... yeah.. my 9 year old daughter drinks Starbucks Frappucino and still sleeps normally after.. just like me!!

Thats Lauren unveiling her burger... and me assessing it... :) And next, my Freddies burger! .... it wasn't all too bad.. about half the price of a Carls Jr. burger. About 3/4 the size of at CJ burger too.. the patty was about maybe about double the size of a single CJ patty but a little more mushier.. very beefy though... and sets came with a drink and curly fries.

And since we're still on Freddie's Burgers... here's a voucher that you can click on, save as image, print and use at ION Orchard for a $1 Off a combo set! :) Valid till 21st August 09. Happy Burgering!

And on the way home, I noticed something on the MRT walls.. an Ad for Predictor Pregnancy Test kits... watch it and realise why I WOULD NEVER BUY this kit.... simply because its as "accurante" as a doctor's test... *cough cough*.. indeed...

Copywriter, Printer and everybody who let this kind of error pass, specially for THIS KIND OF PRODUCT and get it plastered over the train walls ought to be SHOT. Seriously.

4 comments:

Serene said...

Did you know that Mos Burger has low-carb burgers too! Instead of bread, they use lettuce leaves for some of their burgers!

Aka Pamela S. said...

Hi!

Yeah but its not as good as a low carb Carls Jr burger!

Anyway.. I like the MOS Chicken.. and thats just about as low carb as I go at Mos Burger :)

Fitness Fabulous said...

the yong tao fu looks good!!!!! (except the crab stick which is just largely refined carb I guess)

Aka Pamela S. said...

Yeah I like YTF too! Fills you up well and isn't heavy on the gut.