Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Matriarchs' 80th Birthday


My grandmother turned 80 years old in April. 80 glorious years as Matriarch of the Toh Family celebrating her milestone with a loving gathering of family members at the chinese restaurant at the Shangri-La Hotel in Singapore. Her last birthday celebration can be found HERE.


My grandmama's brother and sister-in-law flew in from Perth to celebrate her birthday with her. It was such a touching scene to see everyone gathered together to celebrate a life where a kind woman named Nancy brought up 2 daughters and 2 sons which in turn gave her 12 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren (mine!)


I find this picture remarkably touching too because not only it shows how tenderly old my grandmother has become with her silver head - which happens to run in the family btw.. heh! heh!! I want a silver head next time too!! And something to note too - My little button nose came from my grandmama! We have the same flat button nose with triangular nostrils.. heh heh... what a thing to inherit but yea...


Mama with her brother, sister in law and her 4 chilren. My uncle David, retired Oil trader. My aunty Adeline, PR director of the Four Seasons Hotel. My aunty Irene helps her hubs, uncle Ben run his dentistry practice and my Dad, senior foreman at SIA Engineering.


Mamas' children and their spouses.....


A group photo with Mama and some of her grandchildren (I'm the eldest!)... and her great grandkids...


Rare shot! My mom and 2nd sister was in town from Manila. Group picture of the chikas! Me, my 2nd sister Jacqueline, my baby sister Alexandra and my mom....


La Madre and me... *the mother and me*.... hhhahaa!  


Outdoor Famiy Group shot with most *if not all of the family I think?* by the Poolside fountain... 


And an indoor group shot with mi familia... and a final quirky cute shot of my grandma that I love.. she can be a cheeky one sometimes, she and her giraffe print top... I love you!! Happy Birthday Mama.... *loves*...

No comments: