Saturday, June 06, 2009

Henna-ed!

I got Henna-ed! There was an art fest over at the National Library today where Lauren had to attend because she is part of the schools' art club. They had about 12 booths that were manned by different primary schools.

Each of them showcasing different art activities such as henna *thus my first ever henna hand drawing*, caricaturing, beading, masking, painting, balloon sculpturing and cellophane sculptures along with an art competition. Very fun lah! And almost everything was free too! We only paid for some crystals at $1.20 per pack for her to make jewellery.

For now, the Henna design was created by a man armed with the henna tube. We waited about 30 minutes for it to dry out then they dripped lemon juice all over it to "rehydrate" the paste and it took another 20 minutes or so to dry out totally and then I rubbed the crackly paste off to reveal the design under... was told it would last around 1.5 to 2 weeks?

Anyway.. I like it. :) It showed so nicely as it was a hand focus and when I ran some salsa arm moves in class this evening... I caught sight of it - very pretty!! Am tempted to buy a tube for myself and do a little henna on myself! Anyone up for a Henna party?

No comments: