Friday, October 22, 2010

Because We All Want Gorgeous Lashes...

Don't you? You can get naturally long looking lashes in just 95 minutes at the Lolita New York Beautique at Marina Square. No more fussing with Mascara and your eyes would still be just as gorgeous without eyeshadow/eyeliner. Imagine fluttering your lashes anytime, anywhere and literally wake up pretty! (minus the drool and sleep marks of course!)

After years of putting on mascara or false lashes that lasted me just a couple of hours, this one literally lasts for at least 2 weeks continuous or for as long as your lash lifespan lasts. Usually around 4 weeks or so before your natural lashes naturally shed itself along with the extension thats bonded to it. It doesn't even touch your eyelids as the extension is bonded with your natural lash hair with the best medical surgical grade Novalash glue from the US. And NO, it doesn't make your natural lashes drop out prematurely... but you do have to take care not to stress it out by rubbing too hard, using oil based makeup removers or curling it with an eyelash curler.. all a no-no! for it to last as long as it can...

For more lasting fullness, you can go back every 3-4 weeks to get a topup where they would topup what dropped off since your last visit and abit more too! So you can maintain that look for months and months with regular maintainence. And its really all just a matter of taking a little time to lie in the comforts of their treatment room under a warm soft blanket.

My girlfriend Jo. Lim opened this shop and I want to give her some support where I can and I hope you would too! She really deserves all the support she can get as she had put heart and soul into this business... :) Before I continue, here's a deal for you too! Mention "honeymeow" at her store and get an immediate 20% discount for any products/services there! Not to be combined with an existing promotion however so do look out for in-store promotions!

I started off my first visit there to get my eyes lashed up for the first time ever!
I literally snored through my session where my snores woke me up several times!! *embarassing! (blush)* My lash technician, Joann was so lighthanded and gentle, I could hardly feel her finger pressure so it was like feathers were swished over me.. how not to fall asleep?! and before I knew it! It was done!! 95 minutes and around 70 lashes both long, short and with blue/purple highlights were put on. Pretty! Pretty! I like!!

The Lolita New York shop was conceived on 18 Sep 2010. The shop is divided into 3 sectors, delving in eyelash extension, mineral eyeshadow and blusher as well as custom blend powder foundation. All their products are from the USA and all colours in their makeup range are unique to the LNY shop as they concoct each color themselves! And not only that! They also have makeup and makeover services too!

Whats unique about them too are that her products are devoid of ingredients commonly found in alot of other cosmetic products that can aggravate sensitive skin issues...

For their Mineral Makeup and Custom Blend products, they insist on not adding the following in all their makeup formulations:

Boron Bitrate
Bismuth Oxychloride
All Paraben
Talc
Preservatives
Alcohol

A sampling of their price ranges at the store...


Eyeshadow - $17.90
Blusher - $24.90
Colour corrector - $19.90 (This one is amazing - cover up your dark eye circles with the correct colour blend corrector to your dark circle shade! Find out more at the store!)
Foundation Powder - $58.90 (custom blend on the spot to your shade)
Touchup Powder - $29.90

As seen from below - this is how a natural look would be with around 70 lashes (short/long/highlights) would look.

And a full face feature with my new lashes...

And as mentioned, they have makeup, hair styling and makeover services too! My lash technician and stylist put my hair up! Love the curls! Call for a quotation for these services if interested.

Joann (one of Jo. L's lash technicians and stylist) and me at the Lolita New York Store. Joann is also an experienced hairstylist and makeup artist in training. :)

A little bit about my friend Jo which I find very inspirational.... she never fails to kick me in the butt when she sees I'm not performing better than I can which I appreciate over the years... she started her makeup business online for awhile first and with that wild success moved on to setting up her own brick & mortar store at Marina Square.

My Gf, Jo. L always enjoyed experimenting with makeup and constantly seeked formulas to cure her problematic skin type. One day, when a friend asked Jo. L about the breakouts she'd been experiencing since trying a particular brand of mineral makeup, Jo. L offered to find out about what exactly goes into each mineral makeup product.

To her surprise, several possible ingredients were found which had known sensitivity issues that could result in rashes and blemishes. Light dawned on her... not all mineral makeup were made equally!

With her facination with the ingredients and the making of purer makeup for herself and friends. Over the years, Jo. L removed more and more ingredients that was not neccessary for her makeup formulation and received numerous customer recognition with her concoctions.

LESS is MORE made sense, better formulas for natural, good-for-your-skin makeup is without a doubt better for everyones' skin than a whole pot of unknown chemicals & ingredients... and then Lolita New York was born...

Click on the above image to check out the latest promotion for lash extensions. I went back a couple of days later to top up my lash count as Jo felt that a fuller look would suit my eyes better and it did! Joann added another 25 long lashes to my existing set and voila! *winks winks*

I went there to get the top up done on the day I had my Zumba instructor ZIN 27 release training too and it was amazing to be able to get to my training studio later that day to meet up with my fellow dance instructors looking pretty with new lashes!! :)

Joann put my hair up as I had mentioned that I would need it to be up and away from my face as I would need to dance the rest of the day away during dance training and she gave me this look below which turned out lovely too! Very secure and only came off later that night when I pulled out the pins that held the curls together. Got skill!!!

Another look at my 95 strands of lashes... go get yours today! You can call +65 63389981 for an appointment or walk in at the store at the Marina Link at Esplanade MRT.

Lolita New York
Marina Link, Unit #B1-12
Marina Square
Easily accessible from Esplanade MRT.

Open Daily from 11am to 9pm.


When you come up from the MRT station, look to your right and go down the small flight of stairs and you're there!... and Don't Forget to quote "honeymeow" for your 20% discount!! Spread the word to friends and family! Festive seasons coming up - time to get pretty!!! You can join their facebook page for updates, promotions and some really great contests where you can win some great prizes too! JOIN THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE HERE.

No comments: