Thursday, December 23, 2010

SH’BAM™ Masterclass

I'm always in search of continuing education to ensure that I'm kept up to date with the latest developments. The thing is that I would take more courses / workshops / programs / conventions if I could really afford money and time but alas and thus, only select programs get into my schedule after much consideration.

Picture above with Master Trainer Tracy Minnoch, me and Jorge Jimenez - Group instructor at Pure Fitness taken today at the 2nd masterclass this evening.

Latest masterclass, I fully enjoyed attending was Les Mills New dance fitness program. SH’BAM™. As with all Les Mills programs, SH’BAM™ is probably the closest parallel that I could move on to expand my repertoire with my current fitness dance training. After completing 2 master classes at Pure Fitness (Knightsbridge, Orchard) by world renowned group master trainer, Tracy Minnoch. I can safely say that I could quite confidently execute the program and have enjoy it at the same time too!

Now, to look out and wait for the upcoming Instructor training for this LM program which I hear may be around Feb 2011 and I would be set to go!

In picture, Tracy's friend & team teach instructor, my very gorgeous GF (who guested me into Pure Fitness but will remain anonymous), me and Tracy Minnoch.

Featuring simple but seriously hot dance moves, SH’BAM™ is the perfect way to shape up and let out your inner star – even if you’re dance challenged. Set to a soundtrack of chart-topping popular hits, dance music that is heard in the hottest nightclubs around the world, familiar classics remixed and modernized Latin beats, SH’BAM™ is the ultimate fun and sociable way to exercise. Each 45-minute SH’BAM™ class is vibrant, unique and varied – and like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new SH’BAM™ release is produced every three months with new music and choreography.

Personally however since we are still in the infancy of this program and I forsee much resistance from hardcore Zumba fanatics (yeah, I'm one of them) to having a seemingly Zumba styled/inspired kind of fitness dance programs. There isn't alot of variation with the class yet as this is literally Release no. 1 with the first set of choreography to be released in the world.

As with all other LM programs, this would be a parallel of pre-choreographed classes (while Zumba Fitness would be considered more freestyle in that sense with more available music/variation/moves to mix and match a class with and ZF does have new release every 3-4 months too but they're not as strict to sticking to the choreography as a LM program).

For Les Mills Body Jam fans or people who wanted to join a BJ class and was concerned about its more intermediate/advanced moves, a SH’BAM™ class would probably be considered a good stepping stone up for beginners to catch on some easy snazzy dance moves and make it look good before progressing into a faster, technically heavier fitness dance class like Body Jam.

Anyone want to try SH’BAM™?

3 comments:

hui said...

Watched some of Sh'Bam's video. The basic steps seems to be similar to zumba. Can u mix it into our dance class?

Aka Pamela S. said...

Yes, its similar esp. more so to the dance class that I do because mine is a freestyle class. The difference you would see however to a Sh'Bam class would be that it is pre-choreographed so it would be the same set of music/dance moves for at least 6-9 weeks before the new release comes out.. over time there will be more releases and instructors then can combine older releases with new ones and have more variation in class.

Dance is very subjective however and moves are adapted across many styles depending on instructor style and skill... perhaps the place we dance will take on Sh'Bam one day and then I'll conduct it then after I get certification :)

hui said...

cool! will wait for new moves in your class. keep advancing in your learning okay. You are gd at it. I enjoyed your class although u can very much tell that I am pretty bad in my motor coordination. SO...repetition's good for me, at least I can remember them and can practise @ home in front of a mirror. My audience who would feel entertained would be my 2 nieces below 3yrs old.

Apparently my dancing amuses them.
(T___T)

6 days to new year. Ganbate to your weight loss target.