Monday, November 29, 2010

Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Range...

In a way, I feel blessed that I never really had an issue with my complexion. Thank God for amazing genes. :) No major acne or breakouts other than the monthly hormonal surge where I'd have a pimple or slight blemish at most. But for sure, my skin has slowly started to pigment itself out due to age and I have freckles that are just getting more as the months pass and not to mention wrinkles too!

As I approach middle age and my daughters entering their teens, its quite inevitable that the signs of aging would hit me with a vengeance and I end up seeking various products that would help maintain some semblance of youthfulness, cleanliness and suppleness to my skin.

The daily face wash, face scrub * to exfoliate* and moisturiser is a definite must in any girls skincare regime,
specially in Singapore where the warm weather just makes oil ooze out of your skin. Plus the excess amount of perspiration that I give out everyday when I teach and dries on my skin before I get to hit the shower can make for dirty skin.

So that said, I experiment with different facewash & scrubs from time to time to try find a suitable AND affordable one that effectively cleans my face effectively without leaving it oily from their "moisturising ingredients" or too chemically strong/dry - giving me an uncomfortable squeaky waxy stretched face feeling. Gah!

I've tried and changed quite a number of face washes in the market and this one caught me completely by surprise on how baby soft my skin felt after just ONE use. I'm usually skeptical till proven otherwise. Unbelievable! So I've got to tell you more about it...

We have 3 products to check out this time, the Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Cleanser, Scrub and Crème Gel.

Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER range contains skin-natural Lactic Acid to effectively eradicate acne, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads to give you clearer, healthier looking skin. This range has an optimal 2% Lactic Acid formulation that gets to the root of common facial skin problems found in men, women and teenagers. Lactic Acid is also found naturally in the skin, there will be no allergic reaction on even the most sensitive of skins unlike harsh ingredients such as Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Oxide commonly found in many other anti-acne products. This range is also oil and fragrance free and has anti-bacterial properties! Nice right?

Did you know that the milk bath enjoyed by Cleopatra was actually an ancient Lactic acid spa treatment? Lactic acid is well known for its hydrating properties and one of the gentler AHA exfoliants to unclog pores. Dematologists confirm the effectiveness of Lactic acid in 90% of patients with acne prone skin.

What do I think of them?

Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Cleanser (200ml) The light oil-free cleanser is clinically proven to treat acne problems effectively and gently by reducing excess sebum while it deeply cleanses. Recommended retail price: $21.20

When I first tried this, I was pleased that it had no smell but was a little watery compared to the usual "gel/cream like" face wash. It also didn't bubble as much as other products so lather took a while to form for me. But I loved how clean and clear my face felt after I washed it and was ready to move on to exfoliate. I could literally feel the dirt lift off as the lather rinsed away.

Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Scrub (100ml) This mild daily scrub comes with Lactic acid beads for gentle, effective deep cleansing that removes blackheads and refines pores. Recommended retail price: $18.60

This was the product that convinced me. It came out as a nice fresh looking gel with little blue beads and I rubbed gently about for about 2 minutes. I could feel the beads as it was moved about my face and my face warmed up a little as I felt some of the ingredients working on my skin. I usually rub in circles with the centre of my palms on my cheeks and t-zone (forehead/nose) as these areas are the most prone to blemish & breakouts *if and when I have any that is*. I rinsed it off and this was where I was caught by surprise. Where it would usually take a couple of uses for other scrubs to achieve the same result. My face felt so baby smooth AND SOFT! I didn't even have to rub hard. I love this scrub!

Eucerin® DermoPURIFYER Crème Gel (50ml) Contrary to popular belief, moisturizing oily skin is key in regulating excess sebum production in the skin. When skin is properly hydrated, it is less likely to release extra sebum (oil) that contributes to clogged pores resulting in acne or pimple breakouts. The water-based crème gel helps reduces acne within three weeks while keeping skin hydrated and oil-free. Recommended retail price: $25.70

This Crème Gel was also surprising, it came out somewhat thicker in consistency than I expected, went on quick and smooth but within a minute was absorbed to a powdery soft feel and my face felt plumped and hydrated! A test I usually do for new moisturising products are that I check my face an hour after and 3 hours after application to see if my face feels unecessarily oily, caked or heavy.

Good news for this one though.. I still felt soft, clear and moisturised at the 3 hour check. Pass!

A good point to remember is that whenever you put on your facial products, you should extend it the application of product down your neck and décolletage aka your shoulder/upper chest areas. You won't want a well maintained face only to be propped up by a dry/wrinkled/scaly or oily neck & décolletage. Think more of donning a low cut top - everything from the top of your head to the exposed areas of your top should be of the same texture and suppleness.

This applies to makeup too! Don't only apply your creams, foundations, primers and blushers on your face only. It should extend to shadow and blush your neck and cleavage too! You wouldn't want a sudden change of color from your face to your neck area or you might end up looking like you have a mask on! Horrors!

Should you want to give this product a try, you can click on the sample box below to arrange for a free sample, while stocks last! (amongst other trial products too!) to be mailed to you! Don't just take my word for it, go try it out for yourself for FREE*! :)

*Samples are Free but delivery charge for what you have selected ranges from SGD$1.99 to a max of SGD$2.99 only!

No comments: