Saturday, April 11, 2009

Instructing Aqua Fitness in Singapore

In Addition to my Aerobic & Group Exercise Instructor certification, I also have Aqua Aerobics Instructor certification too! I'm very excited about this as it gives me an excellent balance of high impact land vs low impact water options for people joining me for classes.

I took my practicals last Thursday and passed with excellent reponse from the judges with my performance. *pleased* I'm looking forward to planning and launching my first classes in the coming weeks and anyone who may be interested, join me for my classes! Email me!

I love the fact too that there is a great interest for Aqua Aerobics in Singapore and that there are NOT alot of instructors trained in this area locally. Aqua is great for all ages and all genders and no, you don't need to know how to swim but it can help if you do.

There are so many things you can do in the water and it can be a great cardio workout too! When done correctly, it can surpass cardio burn on land depending how your instructor planned the class! For those not only looking for a cardio workout, you can work on muscle toning, flexibility and not to mention it can be great fun!

Shallow-water aerobics takes place in mid-chest level water where your body is protected from impact but still has enough weight and leverage to control your movements. Deep-water aerobics, on the other hand, gives added resistance and protection to your body underwater and allows you to engage more muscle mass.

For starters, I will be focusing more on shallow water & light resistance work. I am leaving deep water work and rehabilitation for later where I'm much more experienced and comfortable with my students.

I'm looking forward to purchasing my first sets of noodles! Whats a noodle? Well as seen below! I love this bc its so versatile and it really works so well for all ages.

And finally a group shot of all my course mates *unfortunately of which only HALF have passed the program and those who didn't would have to retake at a much later time after some serious mentorships and reviews*. Pity. But it was a great training programme and everyone was really fun. An excellent group really. Perhaps we will cross paths again someday for those really serious in embarking on their own Aqua fitness programs in future.

And before I forget everyones name. Here's everyone from left to right, front to back.

If any one of you are reading this, it was a great pleasure meeting and training with you. And if for some reason, I've named you wrongly here. Please EMAIL me and let me know.

Mei Xuan, Jov, Renu, Vicky, Diane Haslam, Susan, Adelyn, Amabel, Antoinette, John, Cecilia, Pamela, Lisa, Darren, Sumalini, Jek Huay, Linda, Matilda, Nikhil, Sara, Isa & Thomas.

7 comments:

ann said...

congrats! i have been reading your blog for quite awhile now and i've recently started on my WL journey as well.

you're quite an inspiration!

Aka Pamela S. said...

Hello Ann,

Congratulations in deciding to do something to improve your health.

In addition to your regime now, why don't you come by my class? It would be a great cardio supplement to what you're doing now.. :)

You can email me if you're keen. honeymeow@gmail.com

EY said...

So where are you teaching now? have you started classes?

Aka Pamela S. said...

Hi EY, Looking for a location. Come join my classes?

Unknown said...

hey where can I buy the swimming noodles, and how much do they cost?

Aka Pamela S. said...

Hey Butt Kisser, You can check out Mr Koh @ Bukit Timah Plaza. He has all kinds of Aqua Equipment.

Rhiannon said...

Hey, I'm busting to start an Aquaerobics class! Do you run classes? Please email me at rtaylo25@live.com.au. Thanks :)