Friday, May 16, 2008

Have you Zumba?

What is Zumba?

Zumba (pronounced as zoomba) is a unique and exciting high energy aerobics class that incorporates mainly Latin movements and rhythms as well as a diversified mix of worldly exotic flavors. This includes , but not limited to, dances such as Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Tango, Cha Cha and even Reggaeton! The routines feature aerobic interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. It targets areas such as glutes, legs, arms, abdominals and most importantly, the heart! The dance steps are easy to follow and students can adjust their aerobic level by either increasing or decreasing their pace and amount of movements. No experience is necessary.

When I saw this on the gym schedule, I was wondering what it was so I took some time to peek into the videos they had playing and I was enthralled. I love classes like this!!

This video is more of an instructional video to give you an idea of what its about... **heh heh, I'm raving about it even before I've tried it but I WILL!! and I will review it when I have done it**

My music playlist has ALOT and when I say ALOT I really mean.. ALOT of latin inspired merengue, latin beats and salsa beats. I love working out to these kind of beats and whats more, I can actually pronounce the words... *trust that my part spanish filipina bloodline background has something to do with being familiar with language like this*.

Furthermore, it looked like it incorporates the kind of explosive movements that I love from Body Combat class but looks more "dancy" and with those "shakalaka" shake that booty movements THAT I ABSOLUTELY adore... Damn!! I wanna shake like that!!! And it looks like it has enough aerobic moves to work up the heart and sweat... I like.

It does help that the chickas in the videos look pretty HAWTT too.... Haha!!

So other than knowing that I will look like an absolute spastic retard in the first couple of classes, I'm still very enthusiastic to try!! If you don't try, you don't learn eh?! Time to unlock my hips.. and I can move to this.. I know it... hahahhaha... thanks to dancing on table tops and all over the sofas at home when I was younger **thanks mommy!!**

Ok **checking gym schedule...** I'm going to try this SOON!! So... anyone who also goes to California Fitness who wants to join me??! Drop me a message HERE and lets try!!

Update!!: Both Lauren and myself tried out this 9 minute video to check out the moves and I'm proud to say that SHE'S GOT MOVES!! and I can do it too.... time for class....!!! And the trick to bumping that booty **according to J.Lo** and gyrating that ass is really just letting go of that inhibition and letting those FATS SHAKE!!

2nd Update!!: If you're interested to try this out, this class is available on Sunday afternoons at the California Fitness Bugis Gym, if you're not a CF member and have not done a trial there before, I can sign you in as a guest. Do note however that you would need to sit through an obligatory sales pitch before they release a 2 or 4 week complimentary trial pass to you. This usually takes about 30 minutes. Although its not mandatory to sign up, its all up to you if you do. Email me here if you're keen on this...

1 comment:

karlsfoodie said...

why not weekday aftnoon??damn!!!
see i can join u nxt week anot.. hehe