Saturday, July 26, 2008

NSFW: Freaking Facebook Rant!!!

Yes, that is my Facebook page. Same thing you would see on everyone elses page but I have an issue that I have to make some noise about.

STOP FREAKING ADDING ME
TO YOUR DAMN BLARDY
FUCKING FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!!

This is not directed to you, whom is reading this in particular if you are already on my facebook, fine and dandy. I'm sure there was a reason for you to be there. You would be an actual friend, a blog reader WHO IDENTIFIED yourself, a business associate, a media contact, an ex-collegue maybe or family members. FINE. But to the following people namely...

  • Babe Collectors

Whilst I understand that Facebook is on public domain and if I don't put my profile under private, anyone and everyone can check in on my details and profile. But what I don't like are the babe collectors.

Babe collectors are guys who are seriously NOT good looking at all. At least those that I've seen don't look good to me. *Pfft - so I have a certain level of biasness to the esthetic outlook of people - deal with it* Looks aside, even if they look good. The strange thing about these guys are found when you look into their profile and you realise that firstly, while you have no other friends in common with them. Their friend list is COMPLETELY and absolutely flooded with pretty girls. Very little or no other guys on their list but all PRETTY pretty girls!!

Now you tell me, IF that guy really doesn't have the looks, and **pppfffftt again** charisma doesn't exactly show over facebook you know then how do you explain the hordes of GOOD LOOKING GIRLS on his profile.

You mean they're ALL HIS FRIENDS? Cannot be right? So what are they? Part of a collection lah! So is there a thing that's going on like a bet to collect as MANY babes as possible? What the hell?! Please lor!! I'm so not interested in becoming part of your CB collection. Fuckin' Loser!

So as a common curtesy before I click on Ignore. I send a message just in case it might be someone I've forgotten or maybe a client or a work associate that just looks different and I can't remember.. I always ask. "So where do I know you from?" and give them a chance to redeem themselves to someone being actually genuinely interested to know me.

And what do I get sometimes? "Err, No dun know you. Can we be flen? Are you single/attached/married?"


Which part of my DAMN KANINA OBVIOUS FACEBOOK PROFILE DON'T YOU READ BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO ADD ME didn't you notice? Tu lan.... ((Click IGNORE))

So please... STOP ADDING ME!!!

  • Random Strangers

I have an issue with random strangers who request to add WITHOUT leaving me a message as to WHO they are and Where we may know eachother from, or whether they're a friend of a friend and interested to know me or from one of my parenting forums.

If you wanna add, SEND ME A MESSAGE with your add! Specially those who DO NOT HAVE anyone in common and even IF we do have an aquiantance in common. I seriously do not give a flying fuck to who you are until you identify yourself. Who the hell are you anyway?

That being said. Don't add me JUST so that you can grow your friend list. Don't add me so that you look popular with more people on your profile. Don't add me because you have a collection. Don't add me unless you want to know me.

Take for example. As public a place as Facebook is. Take it like a public area, ie for a man. You would literally need to go up to me to pick me up and ASK ME for my number and it would be up to me to either give you a bogus one or my real number. So its a 50/50 chance that you'd score.

So bringing this back to Facebook, clicking a YES to a random stranger is akin to this and more! What you'd find on profile is MUCH more than a phone number. If someone has taken care of his/her profile, it would give a huge amount of personal information as compared to what a phone number can bring. Its like its a platform for losers to finally "become wanted & popular".

And I thought that Facebook would be different from Friendster... *shake head sadly*

Why would I want to "give" this opportunity to a stanger who very likely doesn't give a shit to who I really am other than beautifying his/her facebook profile.

While I'm dissing these people who have annoyed me so. I know there would be some out there saying to themselves "so who the hell does she think she is that people want to know her? why act so high & mighty?" Why so judgemental, look in the mirror first!"

You're right. I'm nobody to many but I'm somebody to some people that matter. So what.. if I like to surround myself with people I deem as esthetically pleasing to myself and carries a certain demenour, has a strong potential success level in life and projects a positive outlook.

I believe it takes a certain effort to maintain a good front and I appreciate the effort and self loving that the person has put into their appearance because you would have to love yourself before others can love you. Its good belief to surround yourself with people that can give you inspiration and bring you up towards the successes in life and not down.

And *peering into the mirror and shrugs* I'm judgemental because I'm PISSED OFF!!..Annoyed! You understand what TU LAN is? TU LANnnn!!!!

And this brings me back to random strangers again. Sure! I would love to know more people. Its a healthy networking opportunity to expand business circles and personal circles. BUT PLEASE add me only when its a geniune interest.

I'm not saying to add me then start bombarding me with "I'd like to get to know you more questions and mails etc.." Thats just freaky. But if you think I'm interesting enough to want to follow or keep in touch with. LET ME KNOW. Its a 2 way street right? I know you. You know me. Know what I mean?

I hate to be part of a hit & run. "Ohhh!! Pretty girl!" ((Click Add to Friends)). For fuck I tell you? I seriously don't want to get to know you so that you can bomb me with you "I just bought you for $XXX" or "You're a HOT friend! Add me to your HOT friend list" or "Send me a Sexy Drink/Toy/whatever" .... I'm NOT interested.

NOT INTERESTED!!! ((RRROOAAARRR!!!))

Does it help to substantiate your existence to do that to me on your list anyway?

Send me a message. Tell me...

"Hey! I think you're interesting/pretty/ugly/stupid/fat/whatever"

And I'd appreciate it more than a blank add. At least I know where it comes from.

For me, for any add friend option I added. I always leave a message. Always. Firstly to identify myself and my interest in following their profile activities and I leave it up to them to approve the link. Thats just common curtesy. Why don't some people do that?! One more blank add and I'm going to SCREAM.

Ok... rant over.. I'm calm now.. ((OMMMMmmmmmm breathe breathe))..... *peeking into my profile homepage again* Phew... no more strange adds for today...

2 comments:

Prettymask said...

haha i so get it!!!! Well at least it means we are desirable???

Aka Pamela S. said...

Hahaha.. :)