Thursday, March 20, 2008

Leg Lifts

I finally found it. Some of you are asking what I mean by leg lifts from this previous post and this is what I mean. I do about 5 sets of 20 reps *aka 100 lifts* right after each run. Do one set, rest for about 10-15 or maybe 20 seconds then continue with the next set. Try not to wait too long in between intervals.

I place my hands right at the base of my spine though not by the side to give me some leverage. You would not want to be lifting your body as you do this so try to "stick" your shoulders to the ground when your legs come up.

As with all exercises, REMEMBER TO BREATHE in through your nose and out through your mouth... Ppffffttttt! Don't hold your breathe till you turn purple when you're working out. Your muscles need the air and you don't want to end up passing out.

Legs must be straight and together the whole time. No bending of your legs, no over enthusiastic throwing up or down of your legs, and no alternating lifts. Imagine that your ankles are tied so they have to move together.

They're a killer for the lower tummy and they really can make u tremble and burn when you're reaching the end. Thats normal! But they're SO good.

I'd recommend for beginners to at least try 3 sets of 15 reps for the first 2 weeks and increasing in repetitions or sets as you go along when you get stronger.

Good Luck!

No comments: