Thursday, November 06, 2008

Chicken Cutlet, Sambal Longbeans & Omelette

We had Chicken Cutlet, Sambal Longbeans & Omelette for lunch today. A very simple but very satisfying lunch. *burp*

The chicken cutlets were ready made frozen and sold in packs of 14pcs for $9 from the wet market and it was VERY good, crispy and were all thigh meat! Not breastmeat to our surprise. Nice. Just deep fry each side for 1-2 minutes and they came out perfect!

Sambal Longbeans were simple too. Just mince garlic and 3 tablespoons of chili sambal paste - fry till fragrant then add in the long beans & stirfry for about 5 minutes. Eirian was my cooking assistant today and cut up the beans *About $1 worth* into little pieces.

Lauren was tasked to break 10 fresh eggs into a bowl, beat till fluffy & season and I cooked up to 5 round omelettes. Serve with rice or noodles. I made too much egg omelette and chicken cutlet so my girls will have chicken/egg sandwiches for dinner to finish everything up. Yummy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or the two lump of rice looks a little ermm... intimidating leh! Wahahahaha!

Irene said...

At 8:30am, I'm drooling at your food pic. Hahaha.

And the rice looks like little boobies. Hahaha. Gosh, I need more sleep.

Aka Pamela S. said...

Like mini torpedoes? Hhaahaha!

Aka Pamela S. said...

Irene: Hahaha! Actually I thought so too! I molded them out of egg holders haha and when I put them down I was went "oooh!! rice boobies! hahahaa"