Sunday, January 27, 2008

I like Braised Pig Trotters, Don't you?

Along Chinatown's Food Street, there is a stall that sells really good braised Pig Trotters. Apart from being cooked as a confinement dish, pig trotters on any other occasion is a sinful treat for the "heart". *think cholesterol ah!*

When we walked past, I couldn't help but exclaim really loudly and go "wahhhhhh!! look at that pot of pig trotters!!!!" and happily skipped towards it. I guess the excitement in me so obvious that when I asked if I could take photos (Hhhee, I always ask ok! It gives me better standing position to take a better shot).

The two owners gladly gave me their permission "ke yi ke yi! *can can!*" and even stepped out of the way as I snapped away. But not before we ordered a large serving from this huge pot. *Drools* Look at all that fat!! And that sauce.. is heavenly on rice.

Surprisingly, their original specialty was fishball noodles! How come so much pork around? Nevermind.. still good. So the stall is called Ming Fa Fishball stall along Food Street in Chinatown and run by 2 uncles.

There's the uncle hard at work... I still had to keep the pig trotters in view. It was sooo appealing.. hahahaha...

So how much does it cost? It depends on the size. From $5 to $8 and more! Choose a trotter and get him to quote you on the price before he chops it up!
I'm sure eating it freshly prepared there would have been better but we packed our serving home for dinner instead. It was still REALLY GOOD! So this is another 5 chopstick out of 5 chopstick rating. Die die must try! For pig trotter lovers... *slllurp!*

And see all that pork belly! *faints* So Sinful... so good... *wipe drool*

5 comments:

My boy Jordan said...

Quick say, is this considered cheating or not?? *drool*

Aka Pamela S. said...

What do you mean? Meat and fat takes FIRST priority in our diet. lol... Just need to work out after bc of the cholesterol levels. :)

Chawanmushi said...

Wah ...the trotters look really gigantic and so appealing :-)0000

karlsfoodie said...

yes.. becos of ur post.. i went to eat this last week.. I had a $8 portion all by myself... LOL sinful

Aka Pamela S. said...

Good o not? I'm considering going to get some this week again... heh heh...