Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chicken Adobo & Salt Fish Bean Sprouts

I did a quick cook up today just before I went to collect my girls from school. Whats on the menu today? Chicken Adobo and Salt Fish Tau Gay. My girls had rice to go along with this. We just had the dishes.

These are both VERY simple dishes. All you need are the following:

Chicken Adobo
12 chicken wings *cut in parts*
4-5 potatoes *diced*
3 onions *sliced*
12 cloves of garlic *minced*

Seasoning Agaration (add more to ur own taste but if I had to estimate)
3 tablespoons light soya sauce
3 tablespoons dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon worth of black pepper
4 dashes of white pepper
4 tablespoons of apple vinegar or similar vinegar

Throw everything together in a pan and bring to a boil. Stir occassionally. Takes about 20 mins to cook through.

Salt Fish Tau Gay aka Beansprouts
30 cents of Tau Gay *I didn't pluck out the tails today - lazy*
2 pieces of dried salted fish *soaked till hydrated then diced*

Seasoning Agaration (add more to ur own taste but if I had to estimate)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon light soya sauce
1 teaspoon chinese wine
1 teaspoon chili oil
2 dashes of white pepper

Fry the salted fish till fragrant. Add in all sauces. Stir for 30 seconds then throw in beansprouts & stir fry till somewhat limp. Should take around 3-4 mins. Don't over cook the beansprouts.

Usually I'd add some minced garlic, tauhu cubes, sliced pork & sliced red chili too but today - lazy lah!.. so u can add that if you want.

And if you're wondering, carbs! I see carbs! Yes.. if you're doing a low carb thing, I'd avoid beansprouts just bc its derivative from beans which is something I'd avoid too. And of course - potatoes in my first dish. Avoid lah!

Okie dokie! Thats it for tonight's dinner.. *burp*

No comments: