Monday, September 22, 2008

Pigs in a Comforter?

Whats for dinner tonight? CARBS AGAIN! *evil laughter*

When my daughters came back from school this evening, I whipped this up in the kitchen. Why do I call them pigs in a comforter? BC usually pigs in a blanket would mean a sausage in a somewhat thin layer of pastry. This is obviously NOT a thin layer of pastry.

What is it? Its similar to french toast. Whats in it?

Hotdogs rolled in slices of white bread and "kiapped" together with toothpicks. Dunked & soaked in a concoction of 1 cup of milk powder, 1 tablespoon of butter and 6 eggs.

Soaked till soggy then dunked individually into a pot of boiling oil n fried till crispy. About 1 min per roll.

Whats those white stuff on the side? Cuttlefish balls that I toasted in the toaster.

Definitely not a dish for those watching carbs. Don't even THINK about it.

That being said, if its yummy. Its good for my kids tummy. But not necessarily, MY tummy. *bad! bad!* I'm definitely going for dance tomorrow to work the roll off. :)

No comments: